The Waterfowl Conservation Workshop was created in 2016 by Sylvan Heights Bird Park and the International Wild Waterfowl Association. The objectives of this event are to establish a network of professionals dedicated to the future of waterfowl conservation, address current concerns across the industry, bridge gaps in communication among international organizations and communities, and provide a resource from which aviculturists can draw knowledge and information about waterfowl husbandry.
The 2018 Waterfowl Conservation Workshop consisted of two days of presentations and discussion, and one day of practical, hands-on workshops at Sylvan Heights Bird Park. WCW 2018 coincided with the 2018 International Wild Waterfowl Association Conference, which was also held in eastern North Carolina.
WCW 2020 was held in the Netherlands, at the campus of Aeres MBO Barneveld and at Ouwehands Zoo. WCW 2020 included speaker sessions and hands-on workshops in Barneveld and a tour at Ouwehands Zoo. A post-conference wild goose safari was offered to participants following the classroom sessions.
October 26-27, 2023
100 participants maximum
Optional pre-workshop: October 25, 2023
Optional post-workshop: October 28-29, 2023
ATTENTION: Ticket sale/workshop registration will be opening in Spring 2023.
Speaker sessions and hands-on workshops will be in Seattle, Washington, USA at:
Woodland Park Zoo
5500 Phinney Ave N
Seattle, WA 98103
October 25 pre-workshop will be hosted in Seattle and schedule of events will be announced shortly.
October 28-29 post-workshop will be a tour of two premier private waterfowl collections of the Pacific Northwest, Maynard Axelson’s and Arnold Schouten’s. Travel will be included and one night accommodation will be required.
Registration for WCW 2023
Information to Come soon!
Travel & Accommodations info
The nearest international airport to the workshop is Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA). You can also fly into Everett, WA for closer access to the hotel although it has less frequent service than Sea-Tac.
Group rates have been arranged at the event host hotel:
Embassy Suites by Hilton Seattle North Lynnwood
20610 44th Ave W
Lynnwood, WA 98036
Embassy Suites by Hilton Seattle North Lynnwood is just a 20 min drive from our host venue, Woodland Park Zoo, as well as 40 min drive from Seattle-Tacoma International Airport.
Click here to learn more about the hotel and book your room!
Guests can also call in their reservations at (425) 775-2500 and reserving their rooms under the group
IWWA Conference 2023.
The room rate and block is accessible until Wednesday, September 27, 2023.
Group rates are as follows (rates do not include taxes and fees):
- 2 Room Suite-1 King Bed-nonsmoking – $149.00
- 2 Room Suite-2 Queen Beds-nonsmoking – $159.00
- Pre-conference tour – please plan to arrive at the hotel by 8 am on October 25, 2023, or the night of October 24, 2023.
- Main conference – welcome events will begin at 5 pm on October 25, 2023 at the host hotel, and we will be hosting events at the same venue in the evenings on October 26 & 27, 2023.
- Post conference – we will be checking out of the host hotel in the morning of October 28, 2023 and will be staying that evening in a hotel in Port Angeles that night, returning to the host hotel for return trips home on October 29, 2023.
- Guests wishing to stay in Seattle before the pre-conference tour or following the main conference have access to our preferred rates at this venue for a number of days prior and following the event. Please phone the hotel to access these preferred rates and book your stay beyond the main conference!
For specific questions related to your hotel stay, please contact the hotel directly.